We are in the middle of our video player overhaul. Many improvements have already been enabled over the last weeks, the most notable of them are:
New auto-scroll feature for the transcription
The transcription now automatically scrolls with the video progress and jumps to the correct section when you seek in the video. This can be turned off with a toggle or by scrolling manually into the transcription.
Improved marking tools (emojis) for the live session and the recordings
The emoji markers are now neatly placed in a toolbar below the main video feed. Add a marker to the current timestamp by clicking any of them. They are now also removable by hovering over them in the progress bar.
Hotkeys have been enabled
Save time when analysing the recordings with our built-in hotkeys.
We have made small adjustments on the progress bar to better show the selected duration when creating new clips. The size of the progress and clipping bars has also been modified slightly to prevent misclicks.
- You can now log in or register a PingPong account with an existing Google account with one click. This Single Sign-On option helps to increase security and provide a more seamless login and registration experience.
- Draft projects can now be deleted (finally!).
- 'Stop recording' and 'End session' buttons have new confirmation modals in the live sessions to avoid accidental recording and session termination.
New Help Center articles
We have revamped our Getting Started Guide to provide a better experience to our first time users. PingPong veterans might also find useful info there too. Other new articles include:
- How to duplicate a research - Run a recurring study or reschedule a session with duplicating
- How to run mobile user tests with PingPong - A guide for conducting usability tests on native Android or iOS apps
- How to manually allow testers to book - How to cherry-pick testers with specific answers on their screener
That's it for now.